Tuesday, April 5, 2011

An Apron for Chef Poppy

 I was given this cute cupcake material found at an op-shop. It was so obvious what I should do with it after   several cooking adventures that ended with Poppy covered in dough and pink icing... I saw some kids bibs at the market that were simple bib shape covered in plastic with bias binding sewn around edges to tie up at the back. I adapted this design to an apron shape, and did the same. I used velcro on the top left corner to adjust the strap around the neck.


It's a quick and easy craft project, which is great for gifts. I made a few more and rolled them around wooden mixing spoons as presents. Poppy loves the novelty of putting on her pretty apron when cooking and I love that all the mess wipes straight off afterwards... lifesaver! Now for some serious cooking...


And tada! Here is Poppy's masterpiece Barbie cookie! What a clever (and super cute) cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment